Thursday 7 July 2011

Dusty and Dylan


Last Tuesday, after running amok at playgroup for a couple of hours with my daughter (well she was running amok, I was more following and apologising...), I decided to treat myself to a little mooch round the charity and vintage shops in Headingley. My little girl was pretty chilled out in her pushchair and seemed happy enough to point out hats, flowers and inflatable palm trees for fifteen minutes while I rummaged.

I'd spotted new vintage shop on the block Dusty and Dylan (www.dustyanddylan.com) a few weeks ago and been meaning to make a trip there. It's a pretty sweet little shop selling reasonably priced vintage clothes including a wide choice of dresses, most of which were around the £20 mark, plaid shirts and boots. There's plenty of stuff to keep both girls and boys happy and I plan to make a trip back at some point to pick up some shirts for my husband. As I walked in they were playing the Jenny and Johnny album which instantly made my day. I tried on a few things, including something from the £5 bargain basket which I realised after failing to put it on properly was actually a culotte playsuit and not a dress hence why I'd had such difficulties pulling it over my head. 

I ended up buying this black leather skirt which was £15. It's tulip shaped and I like it a lot...but - what to wear it with? I'm a little late to the party with the whole leather trend that's been around for a while. I think leather skirts look great when dressed down with a t-shirt and flat shoes or trainers to stop them looking too, well, trashy. However I'm a bit wondered that I'm not (whisper it) edgy enough to get away with it. Hmmm, watch this space... 

black leather skirt: Dusty and Dylan, £15

1 comment:

  1. I went in today to put an Aerockbics flyer in, they have some really nice things! And did the sales girl have her little dog with her? Cute! Catie always wears a loose graphic print tee with her leather skirt, then some sexy boots (she would opt for long ones, I'd go for ankle boots every time) x

    ReplyDelete